THE FINNISH HEALTH STARTUP INDUSTRY REPORT 2017
One of the goals of Upgraded Health Startups Association is to create an overall picture of the health and wellbeing startup industry in Finland, to promote the ecosystem and to strengthen Finland’s position in the sector. The Finnish Health Startup Industry report functions as a tool for development of activities in the ecosystem. We hope that this report gives you a better understanding of the current health startups and the challenges they face.
HEALTH ECOSYSTEM METRO MAP FOR STARTUPS
The health startup industry is exceptionally diverse – and so are the supporting, regulatory, funding etc. entities – the core objective of this metro map is to gather the most important players of the industry, who provide support for startups specifically focusing on the health and wellness sector in primarily in the Uusimaa region of Finland. Click here to open the full Metro Map with descriptions!
Below, we are collecting a knowledge bank of services and collaboration opportunities offered by public and private organizations for health startups. For upcoming industry events in Finland and abroad, check our Event page.
Support and info services
- Looking for medical expertise to your start-up?
- Network of Life Science Mentors
- SPARK program: accelerating academic and clinical discoveries
- The Soft Landing service package for international businesses to enter the Finnish market
- Training package for health tech companies about relevant regulations (in Finnish)
- Team Finland market opportunities abroad
- Startup Kit: Your checklist when moving to Finland as a startup entrepreneur
- Papula Nevinpat IPR-pikaopas startupeille
- Travel grant for Helsinki-based startups by NewCo
- Funding instruments for startup companies by Business Finland
- EU projects and programme funding opportunities
- Financing for the start, growth and internationalization of enterprises from Finnvera
- Call for Business Finland’s “New businesses from research ideas” funding
Hospitals and testing environments
- HUS Findery: startup pitching event organised in clinical units
- OuluHealth Labs – a unique test and development environment
- Nordic Proof - network of test beds in the Nordic hospitals
- Helsinki University Hospital Testbed services
- Apotti ecosystem for innovation, pilots and full-scale commercialisation
- Innovaatiotalo - the gateway and meeting place for growth companies and university hospitals
Education and Research
- Finnish Health Startup Industry report 2017
- Report: Creating the conditions for humane and meaningful life with AiRo technologies (AI and Robotics)
- Large-scale implementation and adoption of the Finnish national Kanta services in 2010–2017: a prospective, longitudinal, indicator-based study
- Report: It is worth investing in health promoting technologies for elderly